Read&Write Gold is literacy software for either PC or a Mac that can make documents, files, and websites more accessible on any platform or device.
From reading on-screen text aloud to researching and checking written work, Read&Write Gold makes everyday tasks easier. It is a great tool for people with dyslexia and other learning difficulties, anyone whose first language isn't English, or for people that want to augment their writing skills.
Users of all ages can access the reading, writing, studying, and research tools they need at school, home, or work. Having text read aloud with dual color highlighting, along with additional support tools, helps every learner gain confidence and work independently at their own pace.
The customizable toolbar floats on top of commonly-used applications to make digital content accessible within programs such as: Microsoft® Word, Google Docs™, Mozilla Firefox®, Internet Explorer®, Safari, Chrome™, and Adobe® Reader.
Highlighted features include:
• Text-to-Speech - listen while your computer reads aloud electronic text
• Screenshot Reader - read aloud any text on the screen, even if this text is not accessible
• Speech Maker - create an MP3 version of electronic text for audio playback
• Word Prediction - compose papers using this tool, which helps improve writing skills
• Translator - translate single words or paragraphs
• Vocabulary List Builder - create vocabulary lists with definitions for studying